Land Use Planning Consultant
Ken Dakin has been involved with residential, commercial, industrial, institutional, recreational and mixed-use developments ranging from sensitive infill to substantial community scale projects. He has extensive expertise in planning approvals for greenfield development and re-use and redevelopment projects.
Ken is a single practitioner with over 30 years experience providing land use planning and project management services to private and public sector clients. His core practice is development planning for all land use types with special emphasis on urban infill, Brownfield redevelopment and environmentally complex sites.
Mr. Dakin works independently or in collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams always with attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
His land use planning services include:
- Development feasibility and analyses
- Property investigations
- Project management
- Development application processing – official plan/zoning by-law amendments, severances and minor variances
- Subdivision design and draft plan of subdivision and condominium processing
- Site plan design and approval
- Subdivision and site plan agreements
- Brownfield redevelopment
- Preparation of zoning by-laws and zoning by-law amendments
- Public consultation and facilitation
- Special studies
- Class environmental assessments